Monday, February 28, 2011

The Encounter

Blogger’s note: Please do not read if you have a faint heart~

In my previous post, I wrote about the bump I encountered and adding to that, I was chased by traffic police the other day for talking on my mobile while driving. I thought a get away with D to escape from the hustle-bustle of KL will improve on my bad luck. Thus, we decided, on a spur, to venture off on a short trip to Kuantan.

I was tired when we set off straight from my office after work. It was about 8pm- 9pm plus when we were at East-Coast Link highway and it was pitch black except for some accompanying low-wattage red bulbs along the way. I was staring blankly at the side mirror reminiscing what I have gone through all these days. It was of sudden I saw a car’s light from behind. The lights were there and, just as suddenly, gone. I saw an image of a bespectacled guy immaculately donned in office wear sitting straight and looking straight at me with no expression. I don’t wish to exaggerate this but I saw the red lights were beneath his look with side yellow lights. It was there and then I thought something was amiss. A shiver of fear ran down my spine but I just held my breath.

I leaned forward to D and asked “D…Is the car behind us driving very near to us?” “Can you see the driver?” D answered casually “No, how can you see the driver? It was so dark…” We paused a while and we hold our peace for few seconds before I braved myself to the side mirror. The image was gone. I even had the guts to glance back to look at the passenger’s seats but it was nothing there. We looked at each other, knowing by heart what had happened. We just remain silent throughout the journey and casual chit-chat after few minutes. We were fast to doze off when we reached the hotel room and did not bring up the incident for the whole night.

The next morning, D casually asked me “D…What you saw last night?” It struck to me that Ah D still remember and it was proven to me that “something” did happen. I told him what I saw~ “U know what, D…Actually, there was no car behind when you asked me last night and what I saw was a reflection of car light from far like a tiny dot…” We just kept quiet and not long after continue with other topics.

I could not say with certainty that the reflection I saw was “those things”. But I can't say there aren't, either. It never occur to me that I had a chance to stumble upon one but just to keep to myself that I encountered “him” with an open heart and mind.

Good night,
sassycat

2 comments:

  1. Spooky mad...i would have fainted I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea and the thought that i actually glanced back@d passenger seats really freaked me out!~

    ReplyDelete